John Williams is reportedly back in the Star Wars universe for the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi series. According to sources, the esteemed composer scored the Lucasfilm and Disney series’ theme with a Los Angeles orchestra “under tight security” last week. This will mark Williams’ first piece of Star Wars work since scoring the theme of Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and his first theme for a series since 2009’s Great Performances. The 90-year-old composer scored all nine Star Wars films as well as 2018’s Solo: A Star Wars Story. Back in 2018, Williams told KUSC radio that The Rise of Skywalker would be the last Star Wars title he will score. “We know (director) J.J. Abrams is preparing one (more Star Wars movie) now, that I will hopefully do next year for him,” he previously said....
Dallas Good, the singer and guitarist of Canadian rock band the Sadies has died of natural causes, the group confirmed on social media. He was 48. The Sadies shared the sad news in an emotional post to Facebook on Friday (Feb. 18). “It’s with unfathomable sadness that we announce the sudden passing of Dallas on Thursday, February 17th. Forty eight years old, he died of natural causes while under doctor’s care for a coronary illness discovered earlier this week, the band wrote.” The Sadies added, “A son, a brother, a husband, a friend, a bandmate, a leader, a force to be reckoned with, we have no words for the shock we are all feeling. We join the rest of our music community and fans in grief. The stage is dark today with the all too soon passing of one of music’s brightest lights. We love ...
Mrs. Doubtfire is pushing its experimental Broadway return by a month. On Friday (Feb. 18), producer Kevin McCollum announced that the musical comedy based on the 1993 film starring Robin Williams would be coming back to the Great White Way a month later than its originally scheduled March 15 curtain up. On Jan. 10, the show — which initially opened on Dec. 5 at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre — began a nine-week hiatus prompted by the omicron variant wave that hit Broadway. Speaking to The New York Times, McCollum explained that the decision to close the production temporarily was based partly on the decrease in COVID-19 cases across New York City — something that prompted Gov. Kathy Hochul to drop the state’s indoor mask mandate starting Feb. 8. (The Broadway League renewed its audience mas...
Organizers of Milwaukee’s Summerfest music celebration are planning to scale back COVID-19 precautions this year. WTMJ-AM reported that festival organizers announced Wednesday (Feb. 16) that guests won’t need to wear masks, show proof of a negative COVID-19 test or show proof of vaccination to enter the grounds this year. “MWF will monitor the situation and continue to work closely with health experts, while following local guidelines,” festival officials said in a news release. The move comes as COVID-19 cases continue to trend downward in Wisconsin. The seven-day average of confirmed tests stood at 1,371 as of Thursday, down from 18,101 on Jan. 16, according to the latest data from the state health department data. Organizers canceled the festival in 2020 after the pandemic began. Last y...
Kanye West, aka Ye, has a long list of beefs — one that he willingly added a number of names to this weekend. On Saturday (Feb. 19), the rapper shared a list of “Kanye Beefs” that had been compiled and posted on Twitter. The list contained names like Kim Kardashian, Pete Davidson, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Kid Cudi, Drake and Beyoncé, and several others. “Come on guys… This list is twice as long,” Ye quipped on Instagram. Explore See latest videos, charts and news “You gotta put Apple Spotify Vivendi Universal Lucien Grange Tik Tok Black History Month Obama the whole cast of SNL Hillary Clinton the Devil himself Corey Gamble Bezos Charlamagne Disney Librals and of course Skete and any and all corny s— in general Can somebody from Chicago let these people know what Skete meant when we w...
Virgina rapper FNF Chop is not slowing down anytime soon. More proof of this comes along with the release of a visual for his all-new track titled “Best Friend.” Here, he connects with North Carolina rapper Stunna 4 Vegas, to deliver non-stop, punching bars. Chop started gaining buzz when he released his single “Walk Down” in 2019. Chop, who’s most recently been co-signed by fellow Virgina royalty Pharrell, has shown consistency with each release, improving each time out since being released from jail in December of 2021. The new record, ”Best Friend,” produced by frequent collaborator Gringo, captures the high-octane energy of the fellow Southern rappers, over a hard-hitting bass instrumental and menacing hook. Watch the Domico Phillips-directed video for FNF Chop & Stunna 4...
Check out this brand new single from Blanche Bailly titled “Mine”. Cameroonian songstress Blanche Bailly presents her new song with Joeboy to her lovely fans, titled “Mine“. It is her first single for the year. “Mine” is an amazing tune with a special feel of Joeboy’s voice to make it an excellent masterpiece. Listen and share Blanche Bailly ft Joeboy – “Mine” below. https://www.naijamusic.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Blanche_Bailly_-_Mine_ft_Joeboy__NaijaMusic.com.ng.mp3 Download
And just like that, Los Padres have returned. Following hot on the heels of a slew of official remixes, perhaps most notably their rework of R3HAB’s “Runaway” (with Sigala and JP Cooper), the ambitious Caribbean duo have executed another refreshing rework of R3HAB’s music. “Most People,” a dance-pop smash by the multi-Platinum dance music vet and featuring three-time Grammy-nominated band Lukas Graham, was their latest selection. In their bouncy future house rendition, Los Padres maintain the subtle guitar work of the original in a tip of the cap to R3HAB’s production. Then the tandem mix in a high-energy blend of elements such as warm piano chords, electrifying synths, and buzzy saws in perfect cohesion. All-in-all, it’s an anthemic, dancefloor-re...
Los Angeles-based DJ and producer MEIRLIN has released her latest track, “In California,” via Hoop Records. Born and raised in Tokyo, MEIRLIN began her musical journey at the age of three when she was introduced to the classical piano. Since then, her love for music has grown as she strives to makes her mark on the electronic dance music scene. Perhaps best known for her work on “The Pace Is Too Fast” (with Lokho) and “KATANA” (with PedroDJDaddy), MEIRLIN’s latest offering is a departure from what fans have come to expect. “In California” is a refreshing electro-pop production, oozing a soft and bubbly ambiance. Fitted with velvety vocals and harmonious beats, it’s the perfect track to commemorate her newly embraced Californian lifestyle. Rec...
Ultra Music Festival is about to become the listening party for Ookay‘s upcoming album. The versatile singer-songwriter and “Thief” producer has announced that the album will be heard in full by spectators of his set at this year’s Ultra Music Festival. Ultra will be the only setting to hear Ookay during Miami Music Week 2022, and he’s going the extra mile to ensure it’s a one-of-a-kind show to remember. “After 3 years since the last Ultra, to be able to come back with a whole new show, new album, more dancers, visuals and attitude, I can’t wait to show the world what I’ve been crafting,” Ookay told EDM.com. “It’ll be a great day for us to be Ookay.” Ookay’s next album will be his first since 2018’...
During a recent interview with Canada’s The Metal Voice, JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner was asked what he thinks it would take for the band to reunite with the man he replaced in PRIEST, original guitarist Kenneth “K.K.” Downing. He responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): “I don’t know. It’s not my relationship. I think it goes beyond the music. There’s some stuff there that’s obviously personal, and it’s not my fight; it’s not my relationship. I think if it was purely music or business, then maybe it could be a money thing or it could be a creative thing, but I think it goes beyond that. And it’s up to the guys, really — it’s up to the guys to sort of find out what that is, or not. They don’t hav...
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of PANTERA‘s classic sophomore major label album “Vulgar Display Of Power”, The Pit recently uploaded a video interview with the band’s vocalist Philip Anselmo. You can now watch the remaining two parts of the chat below. Speaking about the LP’s opening track, “Mouth For War”, Anselmo said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): “When we wrote ‘Mouth For War’, I wrote the main riff and Dimebag [PANTERA guitarist Darrell Abbott] liked it. And it sounded about a thousand times better when he played it. And he made it his own. And everybody — God — they put that song together; we put that song together. I think we knew we had written a pretty good song, that one. And I think the video for its time was ...