Kanye West may have teased an appearance from The Weeknd on his highly-anticipated album, DONDA. Ye took to Instagram to share a screenshot of his recent call log, and fans were quick to point out the three calls from The Weeknd timed at 1:14 a.m., 2:17 a.m. and another one from the day before. He also tagged Mike Dean in the post, and the producer posted the same photo on his Instagram with the caption, “IF I DONT ANSWER U SEE WHY #DONDA @kanyewest.” To add even more fuel to fire, Wassim “Sal” Slaiby, The Weeknd’s manager, dropped by the comments section of Dean’s post to write “XO” in emojis. West is set to hold another listening party for DONDA at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta on August 5, and the artist has been staying there since the first listening party on July 23 in or...
The previously announced, officially authorized Led Zeppelin documentary has been completed. The film has also received a title: Becoming Led Zeppelin. According to Variety, the Bernard MacMahon-directed documentary will provide “unprecedented access” to the band. The film was first announced in 2019 and is the first official traditional documentary about the legendary rock act. “Becoming Led Zeppelin is a film that no one thought could be made,” MacMahon said. “The band’s meteoric rise to stardom was swift and virtually undocumented. Through an intense search across the globe and years of restoration of the visual and audio archive found, this story is finally able to be told.” Advertisement Related Video Zeppelin were previously chronicled in their 1976 concert film The Song Remains the ...
For the past 19 seasons, Family Guy has regularly aired on FOX ever since the broadcasting company debuted the show back in 1999. Now, the series’ creator, Seth MacFarlane, is considering pulling the animated TV show so it can find a new home on a different network instead — specifically, one that doesn’t host COVID-19-deniers like Tucker Carlson. Over the weekend, MacFarlane took to Twitter to air his grievances and potentially hint at Family Guy heading to NBC. “Tucker Carlson’s latest opinion piece once again makes me wish Family Guy was on any other network,” MacFarlane tweeted. “Look, FOX, we both know this marriage isn’t working anymore. The sex is only once a year, I don’t get along with your mother, and well… I’ve been having an affair with NBC.” The opinion piece MacFarlane is lik...
KAABOO Texas is the third event in the KAABOO series — the original KAABOO was launched in 2015 in Del Mar, California, and an offshoot event was held on the Cayman Islands in February 2019. The Del Mar festival was sold at the end of 2019 to Virgin Produced and has been postponed the last two years due to COVID-19. While the future of the Cayman Islands event is unclear, KAABOO Texas’ losses make a return unlikely. “In addition to the negligible attendance, KAABOO Texas grossly underestimated its financial losses in its first and only year by $8 million, vastly eclipsing the original investment projections for the initial three-year period,” Stuhlman wrote. An investor update obtained last year by Billboard showed that the event lost a total of $19 million in its f...
I think that this moment in time is extremely important in history as the country is coming back, getting through a pandemic. We’re right on the other side of it, [but] we’re still in it and it might be another year before we’re fully away from it. It depends on our actions. And I think there was a great divide that was caused by that last president, and other people around the world, and we’re all recovering from that but we’re gaining our strength and we are mighty — and we’re going to pull this off. We’re in a very tough situation, but I love the fact that we’re actually in the eye of the hurricane and we did the right thing — and when I say we, I don’t just mean Lollapalooza. I mean the mayor, I mean the city of Chicago. We all figured it out together, “Hey, we can use this...
With the Delta variant of COVID running rampant across the world, Sir Paul McCartney is spreading one simple message for his fans: “BE COOL. GET VAX’D.” The beanie- and face-mask-wearing 79-year-old rocker wrote this message on Instagram, while signing off as “Paul,” underneath a picture of himself getting his COVID shot from a health care professional on Monday (Aug. 2). According to data from the U.K. government, more than 46 million people have received the first dose of the COVID vaccine, while only 38 million have gotten the second dose. The Beatles’ legend told The Sun in December 2020 that he was eager to get the jab when the top-priority groups — citizens over the age of 50 and those in high-risk categories — ...
The New York MC, born Marcel Theo Hall, died July 16 at age 57. He was hospitalized in April 2020 because of diabetes complications and reportedly suffered a stroke while in a diabetic coma last year as well. Best known for his party anthem and Billboard Hot 100 top 10 hit “Just a Friend,” Biz was bigger than his biggest hit, according to the Reverend Al Sharpton’s eulogy. “But he was more than just a friend. He was our icon. He was more than just a friend. He was our example! He was more than just a friend! He was our star! He was more than just a friend!” said Sharpton while referencing the record’s title. “The hit record doesn’t tell you the whole story. Thank you, Biz! You never let us down! You were more than just a friend....
HipHopWired Featured Video Source: Steven Ryan / Getty Anyone looking for a new job? You might be in luck as Page Six is reporting that Jay-Z is out here looking for new workers. No, not the kinda workers that hug the block and serve them thangs, but the kind that wear proper attire and serve drinks and food. According to the report, Hov is looking to hire 100 workers as he prepares to reopen his 40/40 Club in NYC later this month. This past weekend the club was said to have held an open call for bartenders and servers who can help the club welcome back patrons on August 4. A quick turnaround but if you working with Jay you know he hustles like there’s no tomorrow. “Said a source: “Jay is attempting to stimulate the food and nightlife economy in NYC” with the reopening plan.” “According to...