Manchester City

Report: Liverpool and Manchester City on alert as club confirms asking price

Liverpool and Manchester City could be set for a summer transfer battle for Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar. According to L’Eqiupe, the French club are willing to sell Aouar for £44 million. Lyon may have to cash in on some of their best players following the early curtailment of the Ligue 1 season. The club finished seventh in the table and will not be in the Champions League next term. Aouar has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League, with both Liverpool and City believed to be tracking his progress. The 21-year-old has been impressive for Lyon this season, scoring nine goals and creating seven more in 37 appearances for the club. Aouar’s performances have drawn admiring glances from across Europe and he would undoubtedly be an excellent addition to the Premier League. Desp...

Another Premier League player tests positive for novel coronavirus

A third first-team player from Brighton & Hove Albion tested positive for COVID-19 on Saturday, the Premier League club’s chief executive Paul Barber has confirmed. Two Brighton players had contracted the novel coronavirus in March and April and the latest positive result could cast doubts on the Premier League’s plans to resume the season that has been suspended due to the pandemic. Clubs are due to meet on Monday to further discuss “Project Restart” which envisages a return to play in June once given the green light from government, with the remaining 92 matches held behind closed doors at neutral venues. “It is a concern. Unfortunately we’ve had a third player test positive yesterday,” Barber told Sky Sports on Sunday. “So despite all of the measures that we’ve been taking over the ...

Report: Leeds United stance on 23-year-old’s future

According to Football Insider, Leeds United are keen on signing Jack Harrison on a permanent contract from Manchester City in the summer transfer window. Harrison, who can operate as a winger or as an attacking midfielder, spent the 2018-19 campaign on loan at Leeds from City. The 23-year-old returned to the Championship club on another season-long loan deal from the Premier League outfit in the summer of 2019. Football Insider has claimed that the Whites are keen on activating the option in Harrison’s loan deal and want to make his move permanent. Stats According to WhoScored, Harrison has scored five goals and provided seven assists in 37 Championship matches for Leeds so far this season. During the 2018-19 campaign, the Englishman made 34 starts and five substitute appearances in the le...

UEFA releases possible dates for Champions League games

UEFA’s plan to complete the Champions League and Europa League continues. The plan says that they will be played throughout the month of August once the leagues are done in July. UEFA have an idea which is to end the season by the end of August. Therefore, the domestic leagues need to be completed by the end of July. The proposal is for the remaining last 16 games to be played in the first week of the month. On 26th and 29th August, Gdansk and Istanbul will host the Europa League and Champions League finals respectively. ‘Marca’ says that they will try and stick to that instead of playing both the finals at the same venue. There are 17 Champions League and 27 Europa League matches left to play. Confirmation of the new calendar depends first on leagues getting back underway and then on the ...

‘Hate seeing another one’ – Spurs star sends message to Walker after he broke lockdown

According to The Sun, Manchester City right-back Kyle Walker could be fined for breaching lockdown once again after visiting his parents and sister within a 24-hour period. The England international found himself in hot-water last month for breaking the lockdown and social distancing rules after hosting a party, and is in the news again for not following measures put in place to curtail the spread of the coronavirus. Walker has since taken to Twitter to defend himself, apologising and criticising the negative attention his family has been receiving from the media as a result. pic.twitter.com/Yc0H3iCYal — Kyle Walker (@kylewalker2) May 7, 2020 Tottenham Hotspur star Dele Alli has leapt to the defence of his friend and former teammate at club level, reacting thus to his post thus on his Inst...

Will Premier League with no fans be worth the wait?

The Premier League is adamant that it can overcome huge logistical challenges to get players back on the pitch during the coronavirus crisis but has long since accepted there will be no fans in the stadiums. English Football Association chairman Greg Clarke became the latest senior figure to admit this week that social-distancing guidelines make it impossible for supporters to congregate in stadiums “any time soon”. The drive behind the Premier League’s “Project Restart” is the attempt to avoid having to pay back millions in TV revenue. Clubs could reportedly miss out on £762 million ($946 million) for failing to complete this season alone. According to UEFA’s latest European Club Footballing Landscape report, just 13 percent of the Premier League’s revenue comes from gate receipts. Englan...

Nine Premier League clubs to allow stars miss project restart

Up to nine Premier League clubs will let their players skip Project Restart over fears they could infect their families with coronavirus. England’s top division is looking at a return date of June 12 as they attempt to conclude this season. But The Sun have reported that nearly half of the league’s teams have conceded forcing players back into action while the virus is active will be impossible. A source told the publication: “If someone has a partner who’s pregnant, or close family who has cancer, how can we force them to play in those circumstances?” It is understood that teams from across the table are concerned with player safety and one team has told stars they do not have to play. One club who will be without key players should football return is Aston Villa, with manager Dean Smith ...

Jadon Sancho looked up to former Manchester United star Wayne Rooney

Manchester United target and Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho has admitted looking up to Wayne Rooney as a youngster. The Bundesliga winger is believed to be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s priority signing for the summer despite the increasing uncertainty surrounding football. Sancho represents the missing piece to United’s otherwise exciting attacking in Marcus Rashford as a left-winger, Anthony Martial as a striker and Bruno Fernandes as an attacking-midfielder. The former Manchester City man would slot in with ease in the right-wing position and give Solskjaer a new dimension to his attack. Sancho has been dropping a few hints over a potential move to the Red Devils with Dortmund reportedly looking for a somewhat realistic fee of €100m. In the video above, Sancho says: “Who did I look up to ...

Newcastle reportedly want £40m player Pep Guardiola once said has ‘a special quality’

According to 90min, Newcastle United are interested in signing John Stones from Premier League rivals Manchester City in the summer transfer window. It has been reported that Newcastle’s prospective new owners, Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, have identified the former Everton central defender as a transfer target this summer once they have bought the club from Mike Ashley. The report has added that City will want £40 million as transfer fee for the 25-year-old England international, who has “got a special quality”, according to his manager Pep Guardiola, as quoted in The Guardian in November 2016. Stats Stones has been at City since 2016 when he joined from Premier League rivals Everton. Much was expected of the Englishman when he arrived at the Etihad Stadium, but the defender has...

Manchester City’s stance on Leroy Sane revealed amid Bayern Munich interest: report

Manchester City remain eager to extend the contract of Leroy Sane amid the ongoing transfer interest from Bayern Munich, Manchester Evening News reports. Sane has not featured for the Cityzens over the course of the current campaign after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament injury during the Community Shield triumph over Liverpool in August. He was fancied to make his comeback in the middle of March but that was not the case after the season was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic. Amidst this, the German has been tipped to make a return to the Bundesliga and SPORTBILD’s Christian Falk recently claimed that the player has already agreed personal terms over a five-year deal with Bayern. Furthermore, he revealed that the German heavyweights will begin negotiations with the Cityzens...