Seven-time Formula One (F1) champion Lewis Hamilton has tested positive for COVID-19. The official Twitter handle of F1 confirmed the development in a tweet on Monday night. “Lewis Hamilton will miss this weekend’s Sakhir Grand Prix in Bahrain after a positive test for Covid-19,” F1 tweeted. Hamilton is now self-isolating and will miss this weekend’s Sakhir Grand Prix in Bahrain. His replacement driver is yet to be announced. Get more stories like this on Twitter You Deserve to Make Money Even When you are looking for Dates Online. So we reimagined what a dating should be. It begins with giving you back power. Get to meet Beautiful people, chat and make money in the process. Earn rewards by chatting, sharing photos, blogging and help give users back their fair share of Internet revenue.
“While the museum’s doors may still be closed, our curatorial team has been hard at work preparing for our reopening,” said Michael Sticka, president of the Grammy Museum, in a statement. In the meantime, Motown Records will take over this month’s Spotlight Saturdays, the museum’s virtual program series featuring up-and-coming artists in sit-down interviews and performances. Here is this month’s Spotlight Saturdays schedule: Dec. 5 – Joy Denalane Dec. 12 – Chaz French Dec. 19 – Asiahn Dec. 26 – NJOMZA The museum also announced the rest of its December schedule on COLLECTION:live (which consist of interviews and/or performances). Two of the subjects of these sessions were Grammy-nominated last week. Bettye LaVette was nominated for best contemporary blues album...
The number of confirmed Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the African continent has reached 2,163,284 as of Monday afternoon, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) said. The continental disease control and prevention agency said in a statement that the death toll related to the pandemic stood at 51,708. A total of 1,831,435 people infected with COVID-19 have recovered across the continent so far, according to the continental disease control and prevention agency. The most COVID-19 affected African countries in terms of the number of positive cases include South Africa, Morocco, Egypt, and Ethiopia, figures from the Africa CDC showed. The southern Africa region is the most COVID-19 affected region both in terms of the number of confirmed positive cases as well as ...
As newly reported cases of the coronavirus continued to spike across much of the United States, breaking records for hospitalisations, some local leaders are moving to enact more stringent restrictions. US officials had pleaded with Americans to avoid travel and limit social gatherings as the nation entered its winter holiday season. But many appear to have disregarded those pleas over the long Thanksgiving weekend as the Transportation Security Administration screened nearly 1.2 million airline passengers on Sunday, the highest since mid-March. That number is still about 60 percent lower than the comparable day last year when 2.88 million passengers were screened, the highest ever recorded by the agency. Health officials say they are now preparing for a wave of cases over the next two or ...
Harry Redknapp has expressed his delight to have managed “special talent” Papa Bouba Diop during his time at Portsmouth. The former Senegal international spent three years with Pompey after teaming up with the club from Fulham in 2007. Diop played a key role for Redknapp’s side as they clinched the FA Cup in 2008 and featured in more than 50 games for the club under the English tactician before leaving for AEK Athens. The midfielder passed away on Sunday at the age of 42 after a long illness and Redknapp has expressed his sadness for his demise, while eulogizing him for his contributions during his playing years. “I was very lucky to have managed such a fantastic boy – he was special. He did a great job for me at Portsmouth and I think the Portsmouth fans loved him,” Redknapp told BBC Spor...
The University of Benin (UNIBEN) says it is ready to comply with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) protocols on Coronavirus (COVID-19), ahead of its Post University Tertiary Matriculation Examination (Post–UTME) scheduled for Dec. 2. Dr Benedicta Ehanire, Public Relations Officer of the university, disclosed this in a statement issued on Monday in Benin. She said “The University of Benin has provided hand sanitisers and buckets of water in each examination centre, following the Federal Government directive.” Ehanire also said the university was fully prepared in terms of security, adding that face masks are compulsory for candidates writing the examination. She equally said the date of the examination had not been changed contrary to some speculations. “The 2020/2021 University...