Jadon Sancho says he’s feeling happy and settled at Borussia Dortmund. Sancho has insisted he has put his Manchester United transfer saga behind him and is “raring to go” again at Borussia Dortmund after scoring in the weekend win over RB Leipzig. The 20-year-old winger missed out on a summer switch to Old Trafford as United refused to meet Dortmund’s £108million asking price. “Obviously this season has been very difficult for me personally,” Sancho said. “So I knew when I went away, I just focused on my game and came back raring to go. “I’m working hard every day in training and on the pitch so I’m just happy to get my goals and assists.” After the match, Dortmund boss Edin Terzic discussed Sancho’s contribution and outlined his hopes for further improvement to come. “We spoke a lot but J...
Harry Styles’ Fine Line (Columbia) was one of the U.K.’s most popular albums in 2020, though it has never reached No. 1 on the weekly chart. It’s inching closer to breaking the spell, rising 10-2, a new high, following the release of buzzy new video for “Treat People With Kindness.” Lewis Capaldi’s Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent (EMI), the U.K.’s biggest album for two years straight, according to the OCC, returns to the Top 10 in its 86th week on the survey. This week, Divinely Uninspired rises 12-6. Meanwhile, Sydney-based, Los Angeles-based hip-hop artist The Kid LAROI enjoys his first Top 10 as debut mixtape F**k Love (Columbia) lifts 22-10. The rising, ARIA Award-nominated artist gets a boost from his hit “Without You,” up 26-7 on the national single...
Swift’s presence is felt up and down the current chart, which also features Folklore (down 4-7), 1989 (up 48-31) and Lover (up 39-34). In a result that mirrors the top tier of the U.K. tally, Evermore is followed on the ARIA Chart by Harry Styles’ Fine Line, which improves 5-2 for its 52nd week in the Top Ten. Fine Line, the current leader on the ARIA Vinyl Albums Chart, gets a push thanks to the viral video for “Treat People with Kindness” featuring Fleabag star Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Meanwhile, The Kid LAROI is back in the high life as the deluxe edition of his debut mixtape F*ck Love (Savage) rises 6-3, equaling its chart peak. It’s a third time at No. 3 for F*ck Love. The rising, Australian-born and raised rapper earned three nominations at the 2020 ARIA Awards. In a rare sight, no new ...
Japan on Sunday reported that four people who had arrived in Tokyo from Brazil were found to be infected with a new variant of the coronavirus. The four passengers, who landed at Tokyo’s Haneda Airport on January 2 from the state of Amazonas, Brazil, tested positive after spending time in the airport in quarantine, Japan’s Health Ministry announced. Takaji Wakita, head of the National Institute of Infectious Diseases, said the variant was different from those already spreading in Britain and South Africa, Kyodo News reported. The institute reported that there was no evidence at present that the new strain was more contagious. Of the four, a man in his 40s had been hospitalized after his breathing difficulties worsened, a woman in her 30s complained of a sore throat and headaches, and a mal...
Christian Eriksen could see his time at Tottenham end this January. Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho has approved the Dane’s return to North London. Christian Eriksen’s return to Tottenham seems close. In a deal which could also see Dele Alli go to PSG and Leandro Paredes move from PSG to Inter, the Dane would leave Inter. He has failed to settle there. Another reason for his return is that Tottenham coach Jose Mourinho has given his approval for Eriksen to return to Spurs, ‘Sky Sport’ reports. Eriksen left Spurs for Inter Milan, but the midfielder has struggled to perform under Antonio Conte. As he is struggling to get opportunities at Inter, Eriksen is keen for a return to Tottenham. Get more stories like this on Twitter You Deserve to Make Money Even When you are looking for Dates Online...
File Photo The Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company said five power towers were damaged by suspected vandals at the Elelenwo transmission substation in Obio/Apkor Local Government Area, plunging several communities in Rivers State into darkness. Acting Head, Corporate Communications, PHED, Ngozi Koroye, who disclosed this to newsmen in Port Harcourt, said the installation belongs to the Transmission Company of Nigeria. Koroye explained that the action of the hoodlums caused extensive damage to the facility, noting that the company felt the pains of residents in the affected areas who have been in darkness for over one month. “The outage though regrettable is as a result of extensive damage caused by the activities of electricity vandals to towers 51, 52, 53, 54, and 55. Five towe...
Britain reported 54,940 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, a slight drop from the number on Saturday, and 563 new deaths within 28 days of a positive test, government data showed. Deaths had been above 1,000 for four consecutive days before Sunday, although the numbers at the weekend are often lower due to delays in collecting the data. Get more stories like this on Twitter You Deserve to Make Money Even When you are looking for Dates Online. So we reimagined what a dating should be. It begins with giving you back power. Get to meet Beautiful people, chat and make money in the process. Earn rewards by chatting, sharing photos, blogging and help give users back their fair share of Internet revenue.
The Lagos State Government on Sunday announced the closure of the Airport Bridge at Toyota on Oshodi/Isolo Expressway indefinitely. This follows the inferno that recently occurred on the Apapa Oshodi Expressway as a result of a PMS loaded tanker exploding in a fireball from collision with another truck, with the structure of the Airport Bridge at Toyota on Oshodi/Isolo Expressway has been affected. “The bridge therefore has to be temporarily closed to vehicular traffic movement to enable the State Government conduct structural engineering tests on the bridge,” said Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Frederic Oladeinde. He announced alternative routes for use by motorists pending the outcome of the tests and the reopening of the bridge to traffic. “Motorists from Mile 2 to Cele on Apapa-Os...
In a bid time curtail the spread of the second wave of Covid-19 in Ekiti, the state Government on Sunday imposed a curfew from 8.00 pm to 6.00 am. The Government also banned all gatherings of more than twenty people in the state until further notice. The Commissioner for Information and Values Orientation, Hon Akinbowale Omole, who announced these new guidelines in Ado-Ekiti on Sunday, said the restrictions take effect Monday at 6 am January 11, 2021. Omole cited the alarming rate at which the deadly pandemic is spreading in Nigeria and elsewhere as the reason for these drastic steps. He said there is a need for the government to be proactive and take decisive steps to secure the citizens from falling prey to the second wave of the pandemic that has claimed thousands of lives all over the ...